Sunday, April 11, 2010

What is Cesarean Delivery???

Normal delivery and Cesarean/ C-section ?? Why should i come out with this topic. Its just a preparation for me or for those mummy out there to Cesarean delivery. I had normal delivery for Amirul and hoping for the same for this coming baby. However, giving birth is an unexpected event. We are expecting normal vaginal delivery, nevertheless, cesarean is the option when complication occurred that risky to mother and baby's life. What is basic things that i should know for Cesarean delivery??

What is Cesarean / C-section
Is the delivery of a baby through a surgical incision in the mother's abdomen and uterus.

Why C-section is needed????
  • Baby in breech position
  • Fetal distress when baby received insufficient oxygen
  • Failure to progress in labour where the cervix dilation take longer.
  • Overly large baby where baby can't pass through mother vagina when baby's head is too large and mother pelvis is too small
  • Multiple birth : twins, triplets
  • Mother have diabetes or pre-eclampsia or others complications
Recovery from C-section
  • Its take longer hospital stay compare to vaginal delivery; 3 - 5 days hospital stay
  • Recovery time also longer compare to vaginal delivery which take 4 weeks the minimum.
  • Avoid lifting heavy things(heavier than your baby), intense exercise,
  • Grab a pillow and place it over your incision and hold it firmly when you cough or sneeze
  • Rest, rest and rest however do not just lay down with doing nothing. Walk and slow moving can faster healing process
Breastfeed and C-section
  • Yes you can breastfeed after C-section operation
  • You need to find one comfortable position to breastfeed your baby. Its all depend on you which is the best for you and baby. However, lying on your side may be easier than sitting up and plenty of pillow would ease the process
  • Read Pn Suraya tips how you can breastfeed after having C-section delivery
Read more on cesarean/ C-section via webmd.com

Note : Any mummy who have experience of C-section, do share your experience especially on breastfeed part. Me just want to prepare myself in case unexpected delivery needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP