Sunday, January 10, 2010

Motherhood without the Stretch Mark

Remember my entry on My pregnancy diary : 20th weeks pregnant, what pregnant lady afraid of appear on my skin; Stretch mark !!!! Every woman hates stretch mark including me. Its make my beauty skin turn ugly, with reddish or purple lines plus feeling itching, i hate stretch mark. I wanna get rid of it the soonest i can. But how??? Lets me share some info on stretch mark

What is Stretch Mark ???
Stretch marks is also called striae gravidarum which associated with the skin stretching as we gain weight,
loss weight, hormonal changes (associated with puberty, muscle building) and pregnancy. Area that often affected are breasts, thighs, hips, abdomen, arms, around the belly button, buttocks, and back. Mine was thighs, arggggg. I hate to mention this.
But dont worry mummies, stretch mark will fade in the months after your baby is born to a thin silvery or brown line and this process take months.. :C

Why Stretch Mark itchy
The increase of estrogen make the spot area become itchy and uncomfortable. Myself do had this feeling especially during sleep time, its become worse as i scrubbing at itchy area without realize; so uncomfortable and blister and can you feel how i feel.arhhhhrgg. Besides hormonal changes, as the weight gain the quickest, the skin stretching and the affected area become itchy.

How to relief the itchiness - My way
  • Apply moisturiser - I'd used Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Mark Cream
  • Wear loose cotton clothing and avoid going out in the heat of the day
  • Eat a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, cereals, seeds and nuts.
  • Drink plenty of water - I'd drink plenty of water that causing mine toilet trip more than 10 times per day
  • Gain weight slowly and steadily if you can - I'd tried very hard, however my weight keep going up. I'm pregnant
  • Take regular gentle exercise to help control your weight gain - Brisk walk every weekend, but do not help much
  • Steroid cream or antihistamines - Antihistamines (1/day if required)
To know detail on stretch mark, click here at Wikipedia



3 comments:

  1. salam,
    I used to see ur blog's name in other people's blogs. It's a nice blog! Well, I used the Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream too when I was pregnant with both of my daughters. It is indeed the best cream to prevent or reduce stretch marks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. Me also using since 1st baby but during 8mths pregnant. this time around, cepat lak stretch mark ni appear. erhmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. sy pn ada stretch mark..benci...huhu..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP