Friday, January 22, 2010

2D Ultrasound, 3D Ultrasound or 4D Ultrasound for Pregnancy

By next month baby will turn to 24weeks/6months and we plan to have baby scanning.. All this while, i haven't do any the baby scanning because my monthly pregnancy check up was done at Klinik Kesihatan and they only do the normal procedure (baby scanning) for 1st baby, nope for 2nd one, especially if you had normal delivery with no complication. Very seldom for 2nd baby as they assume your pregnancy will go smooth like 1st ones. There is few options of baby scanning nowaday compare back to last time where 2D is the only option.

What we can get by doing baby scanning????
  • The doctor can identify baby's position.
  • To know amount of amniotic fluid around the baby (the more the better). If less may danger the baby.
  • To know the amount of tissue (skin, fat and muscle) between the probe and the baby - do they can count my fat as well, huhuhu
  • To detect developmental defects before birth
What you can see during baby scanning :
Early Pregnancy Scan -
  • 4 1/2weeks of gestation - gestational sac can sometimes be visualized
  • 5 weeks of gestation - yolk sac can be visualized
  • 5 1/ 2 weeks of gestation - embryo can be observed and measured
  • 6 weeks of gestation - heartbeat may be seen as early as 6 weeks
Dating & Growth Monitoring Scan-
  • Between 7 and 13 weeks of gestation - estimating gestational age
Fetal Sex Determination Scan -
  • After 16 weeks of gestation weeks- as most infants are the same size at this stage of development
Abnormality Screening Scan -
  • 18 to 20 weeks of gestational age - detect fetal organ anomaly (spina bifida, autism,

However, there are few options of ultrasound scanning which we can choose to :
2D ultrasound Scan
  • 2-D black-and-white images - look almost old-fashioned yet the most chosen baby scanning by mummies
  • Can viewing the foetus within the mother's womb
  • Cheapest at price range RM 80 - RM 100

Photo from Google
3D ultrasound scan
  • Its a high-definition color pictures
  • Allow mummies to see your unborn baby in extraordinarily high detail
  • Price range from RM 180 - RM 250

Photo from Google

4D ultrasound scan
  • Extension of 3D which they show fetal movements in "real time"
  • Mummies can see the fetus smile, yawn, suck on his or her fingers, scratch his or her nose and exhibit many other behaviors of a newborn baby
  • Price range from RM 200 - RM 300
Note : 1st pregnancy, i only had 2D scanning at 24weeks and found out, baby is a boy,(we can clearly saw his 'bird') . Mr Hubby is the most happiest person as he said baby boy can take care of his mummy. But yayang dont forget baby boy also make mummy headache with house chaos like his daddy. huhuh.

For more info on ultrasound scanning during pregnancy, do click here
Here is the the the details on 2nd trimester scans (18 - 23 weeks)

2 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful :) Pics are awesome...we can't wait til she gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got a private scan booked now as the NHS had to cancel my ultrasound :( I wish it was easier to get scans done. It not like they take that long.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP