Thursday, October 1, 2009

Double Devastation: Earthquake in Indonesia and Tsunami in Samoa

Its so surprising and frightening when two huge disaster attacked the world. Its a sign of Armageddon, a quote from a friend of mine. Once again earthquake struck Western Indonesia island of Sumatra. Its our neighborhood and in fact some of us had felt the shaking. Its so horrifying as Indonesia is in Pacific 'Ring of Fire' one of the most active areas for earthquakes and volcanic activity in the world.

This time around, the earthquake had trigged landslides and trapping thousands under collapsed buildings — including two hospitals, an official said. At least 75 bodies were found, but the toll was expected to be far higher- source from Yahoo! News


Earthquake @ Indonesia, Sept 09- photo from BBC News


Earthquake @ Indonesia, Sept 09- photo taken from BBC News

Before earthquake struck in Indonesia, a strong earthquake at 8.3 ritcher scale, near the South Pacific nation of Samoa has triggered a small tsunami that killed at least 119 people and wiped out villages and resorts - source BBC news

The disaster was compounded when the second powerful earthquake rocked Indonesia, prompting a new tsunami warning for Indonesia, Malaysia, India and Thailand. The warning has since been lifted - source Kompas.com




Tsunami @ Samoa, 29 Sept 09 - photo from Yahoo! News


Tsunami @ Samoa, 29 Sept 09 - photo from Yahoo! News

NOTE : takutnya bler tgk gambar2 aftermath tsunami & earthquake ni, dah nak akhir zaman ker kita ni.. Sama2 la kite berdoa supaya kiter dijauhkan dari bala bencana yang tidak diingini. AMIN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP