Parent-in-Laws with newly wedIts a sensitive topic to some of us, however to me who experience the living under one roof with parent-in-laws(PIL), there is pro's & con's. Dont always think about the bad things when mentioning parent-in-law esp mom-in-law, there is always the good side which most of us overlooked at it. After reading this article, its like calling me to share my experiences living with parent-in-laws.
After got married to the man who I love most, he wanted me to live with his family. Due to unstable financial condition, me agreed without any objection as my PIL is sporting & cool. This is before i got married to their son. Lived with them for 7months, there is sweet & sour experiences in completing me to be good daughter-in-law.
Sweet Things Lives with Parent-in-Laws
- You can save a lot in term of money (no monthly house installment, no groceries worries, no bill payment, no house maintenance,)
- You can save your money for your future ( house and car down payment, baby things, future household, )
- You always have chit chat friend (in my case, mom-in-laws is talkative ones)
- No need to do housework (in my case, they have maids to prepare everything)
- My parent-in-law is loving couple, i love to see how they showed their love at the age of 50's & 60's. (Good example of newly married like me)
- Its like my own house (In my case, parent-in-law is always bz. Abah bz with lectures, Mama bz with salon)
Sour Things Lives with Parent-in-Laws
- No privacy (main concern- your room is the only privacy place)
- Naughty nieces & nephews (they shout, they fight, they run here and there, they make chaos)
- In-laws come & go (They come & go and i need immediately look for tudung or change to proper attire)
- Hypocrite (if quarrel with Mr Hubby inside the room, once you step out from your room, you give big smile to everyone)
- You have to cook if maid is not around. I not good in cooking.
- My mother-in-law dislikes to interfere in our personal life, however, she likes to give tips & advises us ( nagging ???? huhu)
Tips how to deal with parent-in-laws
- Assuming they are like your own parent & family members
- Dont be too sensitive and try to adapt with their lifestyle (In my case, Mr Hubby's family outspoken;mulut laser tahap medium.. huhu. i dont mind dah terbiaser, differ to my family style yg penuh tatasusila. sume nk kna berajak, tak ajak kecik ati.. alahai)
- Always involved them in decision making ( Make them feel important)
- Always smile to them when tho you are damn tired or in hubby wifey crisis.