Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Safety Tips When Refuelling Your Car

This morning, i went to petrol station to pump the petrol into my car. Normally i will pump myself eventho Amirul is with me. I'll bring him to the cashier to pay the fuel, put him back at his car seat and start re-fueling work. While waiting the re-fueling to finish, i usually play with him, to make him occupied with something, at least he do not get bored even for 10 minutes.

However today, i did not do as usually. I asked pump attendance to do it because not much people at the station and there is pump attendance available to help this mummy. And without realize i did not shut off the car engine. Ya Allah, why do i being so careless and my annoyance may danger to both of us. I just noticed that i'm not shutting off the engine when re-fueling is finished. Patut la sejuk jer kan.. rupenya air-cond is runnning.. I want to start the car, and.. argggggg i DID NOT shut off the engine. I may blown up or caught in fire.. Nasib baik nothing happen..

This is a avoidable and preventable incident that may occur if our negligence take place. Our part in accident prevention involves following a few simple rules whenever we close to a petrol pump or other source of fuel. The first two rules are also the law.
  • Don't smoke within three metres (10 feet) of a petrol pump.
  • Don't leave your vehicle engine running when refueling.
  • Don't allow children to play around pump islands - or to hold or activate the pump nozzle.
  • Use only approved containers to carry fuel.
  • Do not use handphone
  • Treat all fuels with respect. Store them in approved. containers, in clean, well-ventilated places.
  • Handle them with great care and use them only as motor fuel.
This article also give some info about safety guidelines when re-fuelling petrol car and here is HSE message given by SHELL Co. Hope this article give some awareness to out of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP