Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Cloth Diaper for Dummies - How to wash Cloth Diaper

How to wash the Cloth Diaper

This is very important cause cloth diaper is reusable type, so we need to wash it in order to use it back. What is the best method to wash the cloth diaper?, Which detergent should i choose?, Do i need to sorting out cloth diaper before wash?, and what others info that i need to know regarding washing cloth diaper. All this kind of questions come out when i first time bought cloth diaper. And the best part, Hubby ckp' huda xksh ker washing cloth diaper ni early morning if Amirul berak.'and what i answered him' xper yayang, as long as dpt jimat, Amirul tak complaint, huda ok jer. sayang gak yayang kt huda ek.. takut huda penat yer'

What is the best method to wash cloth diaper. There is no best method how to wash cloth diaper but generally :
  1. Step 1

    Flush solid waste away. Some people use disposable liners inside cloth diapers to make this easier.

  2. Step 2

    Put diapers in a pail half-filled with a mixture of water and 1/4 cup of vinegar or Borax, to control odor and to make stain removal easier. If you will be washing them frequently, you can also put them in a dry pail.

  3. Step 3

    Soak diapers until you are ready to wash them, then drain excess liquid into the toilet. If necessary, use your spin cycle to help remove the soaking solution.

  4. Step 4

    Wash your diapers in hot water.

  5. Step 5

    Double-rinse in cold water ' add some vinegar to the second rinse cycle, to help freshen the diapers.

  6. Step 6

    Check for stubborn stains before putting the diapers in the dryer; if you catch them before they set, you will be able to remove them more easily.

  7. Step 7

    Dry the diapers on high heat in your dryer, or in direct sunlight if you like.

Above step is taken from eHow and here is my version of how to wash the cloth diaper:
  1. New Cloth Diaper need to be pre-wash first and how many times needed depend on the instructions. Normally the cloth diaper packages will include wash instructions and minimum is 1 times wash.
  2. I will put all the cloth diapers inside laundry bag and wash it.
Why do we need to pre-wash this cloth diaper? It is to increase the absorbency of cloth diapers.
  1. I will soak all dirty Cloth Diaper under running water and drain it to make sure all the excess water gone. After drain it, i just hang on my toilet sink and wait until its half dry. Then i just throw into dry pile and wait until 3 / 4 CDs in pile or when my dry pile full, then i will wash it. To save the electricity bill actually. huhuh
  2. When the washing day come, i just put all the dirty diaper inside laundry bag, put half cup of detergent and wash.
  3. Finished washing and hang it under direct sunlight. Easy.
This is how i wash my cloth diaper.. How about you???? Below is the few websites that i found which may help you and become reference regarding method of washing cloth diaper.

Diari Luna
Wikihow
BabtTotAndMom



2 comments:

  1. The best way to clean cloth diapers is to pre-rinse them off in the toilet using a Hand Bathroom Bidet Sprayer. So convenient and if you are trying to help the environment (and your pocket book) you can give it a double whammy by virtually eliminating toilet paper use at the same time as you benefit from using it on the diapers, by using it on yourself. I think Dr. Oz on Oprah said it best: "if you had pee or poop on your hand, you wouldn't wipe it off with paper, would you? You'd wash it off" Available at http://www.bathroomsprayers.com they come in an inexpensive kit and can be installed without a plumber. And after using one of these you won't know how you lasted all those years with wadded up handfuls of toilet paper. Now we're talking green and helping the environment without any pain. One review: http://jonathanandandrea.blogspot.com/2009/04/spray-it-or-scrub-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the suggestion. its really help me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Blog

Dear Readers, welcome to my personal blog. This blog is about the story of my little family and its members. You can find my posts are mostly about parenting and family matters. Some of my posts are not concerning parenthood at all like cooking and shopping because I would like some diversify in my parenthood blog. Sharing information to my fellow friends and loyal reader is the main reason to build this parenthood blog.

Parenting is not something we have to keep it to ourselves, but to share.

Subscribe Full RSS Here

KambingBujang

My name is kambingbujang. I am 27-year old mum with Amirul beside me. Now I'm carrying around his future younger brother/sister in my tummy.

Feel free to be my friend on facebook. (thank you, I know I'm cute). Follow me on my birdie twitter. If you're in a mood of writing email to me, shoot it via kambing.huda@gmail.com.



  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP